Friday, March 20, 2009

Space Ship on Rodeo? No, Solar Car!

This was a pretty darn cool moment...

A friend called. Invited me to a screening of an as yet untitled feature by the Broken Lizard comedy troupe (creators of such quintessential American fare as SuperTroopers and BeerFest. I think they're looking for two words they can squeeze together to name this project. I, for one, am stumped).

Regardless... On my way to Clarity Partners screening room I was walking down the street, minding my own business, right? Just walking down the street, minding my own business, when, WHAM.

As if from nowhere.

(yes... an Eddie Murphy moment, from even me.)


I wish I'd caught a shot of the on-foot traffic cop in a panic about
how short this car is.
"They're going to get smushed."

It was Hilarious!

He seemed certain the driver would be flattened instantly.

It is a little tricky to see, but...



...the guys in the cloud-blue Volvo behind were pulling some kind of inadvertant Good-Sameritan-meets-Cheech-and-Chong-style security detail.


This seemed to calm the traffic cop until the world's kookiest solar car was out of eyeshot.

Do visit the website. www.xof1.com This guy's a visionary (possible loon). There you'll see Ed Begley, Jr., Peter Fonda and Larry Hagman giving it a whirl. Purely raw footage, no editing. Gonzo good times!

BTW - as cool as this thing is, I'd be a little anxious about riding around in it.

Not a lot of headroom.

No comments: